The Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension [DLLE] was established on October 12, 1978 and has been recognized as a statutory Department of the University of Mumbai since 1994 to promote a meaningful and sustained rapport between the Universities and the community.
The motto of DLLE is “TO REACH THE UNREACHED”. The department carries out extension work projects encompassing social issues. The students associated with DLLE are awarded 10 additional marks at the final exam for the completion of the project of 120 hours in a year.
The Department of Life Long Learning & Extension was started in the academic year 2017-18 in our institution. A total of 72 Students were enrolled for the Academic year 2022-23 engaging in the project Work Population Education Club (PEC), Anna Poorna Yojana [APY] & National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
Activities Conducted During the Year
- Seminar and Rally “Soil Enrichment” was conducted on 05th December, 2022 to create awareness on the importance of Soil and need for enrichment for nature conservation.
- Voters Registration was conducted for students to encourage them for Voting Rights from 07th December 2022 to 15th December 2022.
- Seminar,Rally, Street Play and Poster Making Competition on “Road Safety Week” was conducted from 15th to 17th January 2023 to create awareness about Road Safety addressing Community and college.
- The DLLE Department of Mumbai University had organised its Annual Extension Festival “UDAAN –The Flight of Extension 2022-23 for Thane Zone at N. Bandodkar College Thane on 16th February 2023 where students participated in various activities like Poster Making, Street Play, Elocation & Creative Writing.
- APY students Participated in various activities for Business Day, Ganesh Chaturthi, Christmas & Festival conducted in College campus to earn and conduct business for their project.
- NIOS Students conducted the Survey by visiting different locations for spreading the knowledge about Education for the underprivileged and uncovered areas of society.Also they created awareness for college students by various activities.